Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Thought Leader

What is it to be a thought leader? The term seems to be coming up more often. Has information proliferated so much that we need various leaders of this sort to comment on particular domains of information? Is the information demanding some kind thought authority to organize it? Further, has information gotten so cheap that we're beginning to see it become some commodity (I'm quietly wretching at this sentence)? Lumping all information into one bucket is a bit shortsighted, but that being said, each of these thought buckets/domains has gotten so vertically developed they're all potentially suffering from the same symptom: s hyper-expansion of information without any means of ensuring some level of quality. (Hence, the need - and demand by the community - for these thought leaders.)

Other thoughts...
Dealing with change and culture at my job while trying to get a handle on our systems at an enterprise level. Writing about work and technical matters with a great deal of business jargon.

Other other thoughts...
Played my guitar. I'm enjoying my Boss CS-2 compressor. It doesn't kill the high-end of my guitar, yet still has some organic squish. I'm really digging it at this point. While I like my Barber Tone Press quiet a bit, I always get the feeling my high-end is suffering just a tad.

1 comment:

Rosanne said...

I always felt that your high end was suffering, too.