Thursday, August 14, 2008

Some factual errors

One of my readers has astutely noticed I lied to all of you. The pictures below are not from my move, but rather, the move of Chris and Chris. The sweaty looks and the obvious hardwork fooled me into thinking it was our move. Sorry for any confusion!

The Olympics.

I'm actually watching them this year. Kind of. I've been watching gymnastics and swimming right before I go to bed (don't have much choice, that's all NBC broadcasts). Overall, it's been engaging; however, I'm pissed I can't watch them in HD. I tried unplugging the coaxial cable when I reorganized our TV table, and I ended up breaking our HD cablebox. The cable was on so tight, I broke the actual jack on the box. Bad.

Other Comcast discomforts.
Comcast has been a pain in my ass. I don't normally bash them, as they seem to be obvious game for everybody, but they have really sucked the past week. First, they included two phone numbers in my work order which caused my installation to take an additional two hours. Second, the technician arrived 30 minutes after my slot ended (not really his fault if he's reading), effectively killing last Saturday. Third, once installed, I had to call Comcast to refresh my signal. Honest, I could go on...okay, I will -- one more. I then had to cancel the second phone number, and then have to explain more than I liked I didn't request the second number to cancel the additional charge. Comcast just has a really inefficient and balkanized structure that is incredibly evident when you actually need to get stuff done. The technician too had to talk to five people, be put on hold, and go through the seven circles of hell to finish my installation.

Next post will contain real photos from the move.

Happy Olympics.

No comments: