Monday, August 18, 2008

Cool Jazz

Things I'm excited about (sort of)
* The local cable access channel plays jazz. (I don't even like jazz that much, but I like local cable access.)
* JQuery Conference in Boston. I haven't coded at all the past 12 months, but I've begun coding a bit recently. It's been out of practical necessity and also for fun. This should be a good time.
* Alfresco training in Virginia. If things go well, I'll be heading to ol' Virginia for training on Alfresco, one of the hottest content management systems out right now. I haven't been on a training trip in a while, so again, I'm stoked.
* Taking Wyatt to the vet. Rosanne hopefully found Wyatt a good local vet. We can figure out why his eyes have been so gunked up lately.

Last thought.
It seems like everyone's blogging again. Why? Is there some material reward? Chris (see from previous blog) mentioned he knew somebody who blogged because they wanted to be a thought leader. A thought leader?! Yes, I knew what he was talking about, and I quietly felt some shame. Did I want to be a thought leader? I started blogging again because it seems like blogging has more credibility than when it first started out as some kind of rebranded live journal. I hated live journal for its self-involvement and its "dear diary" vibe. Is blogging okay now?

I think we're at the point blogging seems to be a legitimate channel of information (though rough). There's been a wave of blogger personalities for a while now -- do i want to be one?

Anyway, thought leaders anyone?

2 comments:

Rosanne said...

I am a thought leader and I have a blog. I'm thinking about having another blog. Does that make me a double thought leader?

cottonmather said...

Yes, it might. Things are getting more complicated on the Internet everyday. Did you clean up the cat puke?