Saturday, August 16, 2008

Deadheads*

Do we really know what we're going to do when we wake up? Are we going to do something great? Waste another day? Am I going to win the lotto? Am I going to wipe up more cat puke? Or am I going to garden? Well, today, was the day where fate chose gardening. Mrs. Sheridan (Rosanne's mom) brought up her gardening tools, and we set out to clean out a portion of our front yard. While the previous owners of our house did a nice job with the plantings, there were/are some sections that are a bit overgrown. While I was initially skeptical of Rosanne's need to level the land, I began to see her vision, and I got into her deforestation plan. With some strong shovels and steady hands, we were able to deweed and remove some unsightly shrubs.

Tomorrow, we head off to see Chris to celebrate his birthday. We're going to meet in Oquinquit, Maine, and enjoy the beach.

Proudest purchase: Buying SPF 75 suntan lotion -- I never knew it came in such a high number.

* In addition to referring to hippies, deadheads are the parts of plant or flower where the leaves or flowers begin to die or dry up. Removing deadheads improve th health of your plants. I remove some deadheads today.

Mood: Some sense of accompishment, yet annoyed (I have a summer cold.)

No comments: