Sunday, September 21, 2008

I'm going bald

Today, I made the cruel realization that I am going bald. For the past ten years, I've been living in denial of this twisted fate. I thought I had received my Sisko hairline (simple receding), but after today's haircut I was greeted with the classic Spano look: a barren follicle wasteland. Yes, honey, I'm going bald.

I started asking myself when this started. Was it three years ago, two years ago, or was it actually the past 6 months when things took a turn for the worse. Three months ago I noticed those small tufts of hair that old bald people get. What are those things? Little pubic hairs? Why even bothering having hair when you just have those tufts?

I guess as a kid you think you can trick mother nature. Oh no, not me, silly fate. My hair will be good, and I will escape the dreaded inherit from your mother's father rule. I will triumph and prevail. I will have my hair. However, this triumph over fate and biology was not to be mine. Yes, honey, I'm going bald.

Other news...
Rosanne had insisted I blogged tonight, as I've lost some inspiration of late. What else has happened? Well, we did a few things this weekend:

* Had tasty donuts at Anna's in West Roxbury
* Bought cat food at Pet World (Kitty City)
* Went to Drew Farm orchard
* Went to giant estate sale in JP, bought magazine holder
* Got haircut/discovered I'm going bald
* Read about N-tier architectures
* Moved air conditioners that weighed 40 pounds each
* Watered the plants

I will post pictures hopefully tomorrow. Seeing Mogwai tomorrow night as well.

Good night!

2 comments:

girl chris said...

Sorry to hear about Mogwai, Cotton. But I'm glad you blogged.

PS - The consensus in the Chris Household is that your baldness concerns are unnecessary. Your head looks good!

Unknown said...

The beard counteracts the baldness, no? But what matters most is that you are growing old gracefully!