Monday, February 18, 2013

Neurons Need Some Charging

This will be a short post, but I want to get something in before we start the week. The main theme I want to explore is keeping enough energy for yourself despite dealing with the everyday demands of life. This is a pretty lofty topic, but I we'll keep it short and sweet.

The past two weeks I have spent very little time at all on myself, and when I do want to start thinking about myself, I feel like there isn't much there. It's like my brain has put myself on a hold pattern. "Doug, you need to think about nothing for 3 days to recharge -- whatever you do, do NOT think." Okay, that might sound a bit reasonable, but when this happens, I don't have much choice in whether I'm available.

The reason why this is becoming a bit more pressing is this is the month to decide where we live. (I need to avoid short utterances, but this is it.) I was hoping to get more traction on this question, but it wasn't until this long weekend did I get to think more about this again. We're making some progress, and I think we have it now down to 2 locations.

There's more to this, but we'll wrap it up for now. Until later.


1 comment:

girl chris said...

PORTLAND! PORTLAND! PORTLAND!

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/19/tech/social-media/twitter-happiness/index.html