Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Life Without Cable

I don't really miss cable. It's been two weeks without our FIOS service, and we've been able to make do without our one thousand channels. Sure, I miss the Travel network, I miss Silent Sundays on TCM (who doesn't?), but not enough to justify our monthly cable expense.

I think in a lot of ways you have to wean yourself off all these services, products, and things. You get used to all these options, conditioned to expect all these choices. However, once you start to inspecting what you really need versus what you want, it gets a little easier. So with television viewing, you start to narrow things down a bit, and cut the cord on cable.

We just had the big blizzard of 2013 (yay!), and right before the storm I hooked up our new over the air antenna. With that, we are currently getting programming from our Apple TV through NetFlix and Hulu Plus and over-the-air programming.

It's good enough so far, I'll keep you updated.

No comments: