Sunday, January 27, 2013

More Adventures in Minimalism

I just finished setting up the Apple TV. I have some mixed feelings about this as in minimizing I have somehow purchased another device for the house, albeit small. As I wrote earlier, cable TV is going, so we'll be using streaming devices. So in all, for the greater good, I'm fine with this, but I do realize some of the contradiction.

The purge continues as well. I have got rid of like fifteen to twenty pieces of clothing, which is great. I typically have favorite clothes (some people call this a fashion rut), so I don't really need six pairs of cords, especially when I only wear two pair. I found a fuzzy pair of pants that I thought was a cat, but it was really a black pairs of pants that turned into a cat bed. Those are gone. All in all, this is going well.

On a small level, I feel like I'm beginning to take a little more control of things, and doing a reset in a quiet and controlled way. If I have time, I'll try to write about my experiences with the Roku XS and the Apple TV, as I now have an opportunity compare the two side by side.

2 comments:

Rosanne said...

That was funny - your comment about finding a fuzzy pair of pants. I laughed. Also, yes, write a post comparing the Roku with Apple TV! Build your own version of CNet.

Rosanne said...

And one more thing - did you minimalize your blog, too? Where is the calm and soothing color background?